Sunday, 29 March 2009

Seri Muka

I can still remember, during my trip to Pengkalan Kubu when I bought a lot of ‘loyang’ all kind of sizes, my hubby did say to me ‘Buy la, later u can make me my fav kuih serimuka’. So here is my very first attempt to make kuih seri muka.

This is the kuih.... it doesn't look so nice the top part is so soft.......


I got the recipe from kak liza’s blog……..here it is
Lapisan Bawah:
2 cawan pulut
2 1/2 cawan santan cair + sikit garam

Cara
1. Basuhkan pulut dan rendamkan beberapa jam sebelum dimasak.
2. Kukuskan sehingga masak.
3. Lapikkan pelastik dalam loyang bulat atau 4 segi berukuran 8 inci
4. Tekankan pulut yang telah masak tadi supaya mampat dan cantik.
5. Kukuskan semula dan tuangkan adunan bahagian atas.

Lapisan Atas:
2 cawan santan pekat
1/2 cawan jus pandan + warna hijau
1/2 cawan gula
3 s/b tepung gandum
3 s/b tepung kastad
1 biji telur - i used 2 eggs.
1 s/t garam - should reduce it a little.

Cara
1. Masukkan semua bahan dalam mngkuk dan kacau rata. Tapiskan.
2. Tuangkan perlahan-lahan atas pulut tadi.
3. Kukuskan lebih kurang 30 minit.
4. Sejukkan dahulu baru potong.

The verdict; the bottom part was ok, just nice. the top part is too soft, maybe i should put in more eggs or flour and for sugar also need to be added a little bit more.

I guess I still have to look around for another version of seri muka recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment