Thursday, 12 March 2009

Chocolate Moist Cake

A few days already I’ve been browsing for a chocolate cake recipe and finally today I’ve decided to try on this recipe which I got it from the net. This is my very first attempt to make a chocolate moist cake. Here is the outcome,

The cake that is ready to be slaughtered




The inside view- i'm still not good in applying the topping.......


And for the record, here is the recipe............
Ingredients;
250gm butter
300gm castor sugar
1 tbsp ovallette
6 eggs
250gm superfine flour *
2 tsp baking powder *
1½ tsp soda bicarbonate * [ * sifted]

For the paste;
1 cup coco powder *
1¼ cups air panas *
60gm castor sugar *
1 tbsp nescafe - optional * [*mix all until it become a paste]

Topping;
300 gm cooking chocolate
200 gm whipping cream
1 tsp butter ( Double boilkan whip. cream sekadar panas, masukkan cooking choc. kacau hingga choc. cair...angkat, masukkan butter )

Cara-cara;
1. Pukul butter + castor sugar + ovallette sehingga kembang.
2. Kemudian masukkan telur satu persatu sambil adunan di pukul lagi.
3. Masukkan tepung yang telah diayak bersama soda bicarbonate + baking powder berselang seli dengan paste.
4. Bakar pada suhu 170 C preheated oven...selepas setengah jam turunkan suhu kpd 150 C hingga kek masak bergantung pada oven masing-masing (oven kita ambil masa 1 jam).
5. Setelah kek masak, keluarkan dari loyang dan sejukkan di atas jaring
6.Bila kek sudah sejuk boleh la di tuangkan topping dan hiaslah kek mengikut kreativiti anda.

I find that this cake is alright, it is moist inside. The mixture is quite big n not so thick like a normal cake mixture, we cannot used a 9 inch pan for baking cos its going to make the cake so high once its cooked. I guess the best is to use a square maybe 12 to 15 inch baking pan, so that we don’t have to cook it too long.

I will still keep on looking for a chocolate moist cake recipe…….

2 comments:

  1. yes mama inda...soo yummy.airil mamam on d way nk ker school..sampai tangan sebelah terangat-angkat sambil bunyi emmmm eeemmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. pasal airil la tu mama inda beriya masak n hantar bagi kat airil tau...... suka tengok. tq airil... muah muah muahhhh

    ReplyDelete