Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Sweet Bun



Last weekend I had a request from my sister to bake bread. Those days our mom used to make her very own style of sweet buns. But now ever since I bought a recipe book by Chef Alex Goh on The World of Bread it has been my style of sweet buns been requested. However I am still adapting my mom style for the finishing part that is to brush the bread with butter and sprinkle sugar on top of it.

I love baking bread cos I just love the smell of freshly baked bread…. Well again nothing beats a homemade bread.



Ini la dia my version of Sweet Bun..... sedap di makan panas-panas.

Here is the recipe for basic sweet bun dough by Chef Alex Goh,

Ingredients:

(A)

480 gm Bread Flour

120 gm Plain Flour

110 gm Sugar

10 gm Salt

20 gm Milk Powder

4 tsps Instant Yeast

(B)

1 Egg

300 ml Cold Water

(C)

60 gm Butter

Methods:

1. Mix (A) till well blended.

2. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.

3. Add (C) and continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.

4. Cover dough with clear film. Let it prove for 50 – 60 minutes or till it double its size.

5. Take well proved dough and shape into small balls and put it in a square baking tray. Allow it to rest for another 15 – 20 minutes.

6. Bake at 180 degree for 15 minutes.

7. Take out the bun from the oven and brush the top with butter and sprinkle with sugar.

8. Bake it again for another 5 – 10 minutes.

9. Ready to be served. Enjoy.



Fresh from the oven........

No comments:

Post a Comment